When finding a Best Recurve Bows 2021, there are several aspects one should keep in mind; you might not know what you need when it comes to recurve bow, but going through this content, you will learn all the information you need to know about this tool. From the suggestion to tips regarding selecting new bowing products in the market, you will learn it all. If you have seen modern archery, you know there are two types of bows people prefer using, i.e. recurve bow and longbow. In this article, learn all about the best recurve bow 2021 trends.
Must Check: Best Crossbows 2021
This Recurve Bow is the most popular takedown recurve bow for beginners. Though it is recommended for beginners, many highly skilled archers continue to use it as an excellent bow. It is the best recurve bow 2021 that you can find at a very reasonable price. The draw is very smooth with exceptional accuracy and excellent arrow speed. It worked well for hunting and targeted archery and contains the B-50 string with a great arrow rest. The limbs are made up of.
- Draw weights: the range of draw weight lies between 25 pounds to 60 pounds. In 5 pounds increments 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, and 60.
- Draw Length: The draw length of Samick Sage Takedown is a maximum of 29 inches. The archers that lie down in 29 inches or below length range can use it efficiently. This takedown bow is the perfect option for many archers.
- Brace Height: The brace height is about 7.5 inches to 8.25 inches. It is the recommended height for arching.
- Riser Material: The material with which Riser is made from is hard maple, oak, and Dymond wood. The riser is one of the most beautiful features of this takedown.
- Orientation: Both left-handed and right-handed models are available for the archers. Often times the manufacturers only make the bows for the right archers handed while completely ignoring the left-handed ones.
- Unit weight: it is roughly estimated to be 3.5 pounds. It is pretty hard to find the exact figure. Most of the time bow of this stature are 3.5 pounds in weight.
It is an enhanced version of Sage. It is also called Sage 2. Spyder is very similar to the Sage; however, the manufacturers added some improvements in manufacturing quality. It is lighter in weight, has better quality, and possesses a wide range of drawer weights. This bow is perfect for every age and gender. Besides that, Spyder is perfect for beginner to intermediate players. Southwest is one of the leading archer companies in the USA and has been manufacturing bows for over 20 years. They cater to the needs of both a traditional archer and an Olympian.
- Riser: It is made up of woods with 2 colors lamination.
- Weight: It weighs approximately 2.5 pounds
- Brace height: The length of the brace is estimated to lie between 7.5 to 8.35 inches
- Limbs: The limbs are made of black fiberglass with hard maple lamination
- Orientation: This bow is available for both left and right-handed archers.
- Draw weight: It is estimated to be 20, 35,30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 pounds
- Length of AMO: Spyder XL” has an AMO length of 62, 64 inches
- Draw length: Maximum draw length is estimated to be 29 or 32 inches.
If you are looking for a high-end bow (Best Recurve Bows 2021) and are on a budget, it looks not as this is the product made for you. This bow is famous among archers because it is some other release. Whether about bow fishing or hunting, the SAS Spirit is the ideal bow for the small game. The assembly of this bow is super easy, and once bought, you will most likely not have to worry about changing it for a long time as it has a durable nature. After placing an order, the product you would receive contains the 14-strand string, spirit bow, owner’s manual, and a warranty card. Users are advised to carefully screw everything in place because the bow can easily break up into pieces if not done right.
Following are the features of SAS Spirit 62′:
- Bow Weight: It is estimated to be about 2.5 pounds
- Bow Length: SAS Spirit is about 62” inches long
- Orientation: It supports both left and right-handed archers
- Riser: It is made of wooden material
- Draw Weight: 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, and 32 pounds
- Limbs: It is white. Limbs are made up of fiberglass and are laminated with maple wood.
#4: Top Archery Traditional Recurve Bow 53”
As the name depicts, this bow possesses a traditional look, and it appears exactly like the Mongolian Horse bow. Known for its straightforward design and precise shooting Mongolian horse is an efficient bow. This classic design will take you back to the old times when archery was used for hunting and combatting instead of recreation only.
The company Toparchery is very prestigious and has made its mark in archery bows with great persistence. Currently, traditional recurve bow 53″ is one of the most selling products of Toparchery. The manufactured bows are cheap and sturdy. That’s what makes it eye-catching. For everyone who loves to play around with longbows, Toparchery is the manufacturer you should look for. The traditional recurve bow is ideal for both right, and left-handed archers and its sleek design makes it super easy for you to hunt animals like deer easily.
- Draw length: It is about 28 inches in length
- Risers: The Riser is made up of wooden material
- Bow Weight: it is about 1.92 pound
- Draw Weight: It lies between 20 to 50 pounds
- Orientation: This comes within both left and right-handed
- Bow Length: it is about 53 inches in size
KESHES takedown bow is known to be a complete package that allows a grip-full fast shooting. The bow comes with a large variety of draw weights that ranges from 15 to 50 pounds. The takedown is one of the most easily assembled bows in the market so far. It comes with all needed equipment like Stringer Tool, Sight, and Rest, etc.
KESHES is registered as a family-owned archery business. The company solely believes that outdoor gaming is food for the body and the soul. They also believe that getting involved in one way or the other helps enhance the mental, physical, and emotional well-being of a person. Up till now, the company has had thousands of satisfied customers as they provide a 100% money-back guarantee for their products.
Like others, KESHES does care for both left and right-handed archers, which is why all their products, especially the Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow 62″ are available le for both left and right-handed players.
The bow is designed ergonomically, which makes it easy for the archers to use it. The smooth bow shape makes it easy for you to pull the drawback and generate maximum force behind the tug leading you to shoot the arrow with the most accuracy along with a great deal of speed. The bow comes with a
The brass bushing makes it easier for you to catch a fish n your next lake visit. Here are the things you will receive with each order:
- Arrow rest stick on
- 14 strands of Dacron Bowstrings
- Stringer tool
- Black limbs
- Wooden riser
As it is a Takedown, you’ll be required to perform the full assembly by yourself. However, the arrows are not included in the package; you would have to purchase them from an online marketplace like Amazon.
- Riser: It is made up of a wooden material
- Bow Weight: It is over 2 pounds in size
- Draw Length: It is 29 inches in length
- Draw Weight: The weight ranges from 15 to 50 pounds
- Orientation: Works well for both left and right-handed players
- Bow Length: It is about 62”.
This recurve bow is one of the sturdiest Recurve bows on the list. The grip of this bow is designed ergonomically, which promotes smooth and accurate arrow shooting. Its handy design makes arching fun and easy. The Tongtu Takedown Recurve bow is manufactured with Aluminum alloy. Before purchasing this product, one must know that this bow is for right-handed archers. It is a perfect hunting machine as well as the best for target shooting.
It is flexible and comes with a lot of handy features. It’s bamboo and fibreglass lamination technology makes the takedown recurve bow very powerful. As it is a takedown bow, you can easily assemble and disassemble this product without much help from the others. The shooting is very precise and smooth. It comes with 12 arrows which are a great deal at such a low price. Most companies do not offer arrows when it comes to Takedown Recurve bows. On each order of Tongtu Takedown Recurve Bow, you will get:
- 1 Arrow Rest
- 1 tool of Bow String
- 1 Takedown Recurve Bow
- 1 Arm Guard
- 12 Bow Arrows
- 1 Finger Guard
- Bow Length: the Bow Length is calculated to be 30.79 inches
- Orientation: this Takedown Recurve Bow is made only for right-handed archers
- Color: This Takedown Recurve Bow for Tongtu comes only in black color
- Bow Riser: The material used for making Bow Riser is Aluminum Alloy
- Draw Weight: It is estimated to be 30 to 40 pounds
PSE is a very renowned bow manufacturer. Recently the company has launched a very handy Recurve Bow for the kids and young adults registered under PSE Snake Bow. This bow is an excellent choice for beginners who are developing their interest in archery. Even though it is specifically designed to cater to the needs of teenagers and kids when it comes to archery, adult archers can also use it. It is lightweight and durable design is perfect for a smooth shoot.
For those archers aiming to achieve high target shooting, Snake Bow is the perfect tool. You can easily sustain 2 inches grouping from 25 yards along with 4 inches of cluster shot from the 40 yards. It is the fun Recurve bow for backyard shooting. The draw weight doesn’t come in a wide range, but rather, it has 22# drawer weight installed. It means that the PSE archery Snake bow is not an ideal bow for big hunting games. The lightweight design will enable you to practice shooting without getting tired at all.
- Draw Weight: It is estimated to be 25 pounds
- Bow Length: the Length of Bow is estimated to be 60 inches
- Riser: The riser is composite
- Draw Length: it is calculated to be 29 inches
- Bow Weight: It is estimated to be 2 pounds
- Brace Height: it is calculated to be 8.34 inches
Unlike the classic Recurve Bow, IRQ Long Bow shoots the arrow perfectly from a long distance. This bow is tailored to your skills of archery perfectly as it has adjustable drawback weights. With a vintage Mongol design, this handmade bowl is the showstopper in the market. IRQ is a promising bow manufacturer that makes replicas of traditional bows that are primarily used for security.
In Old times, bows were used to shoot from over 300 yards in close combat. The bow is made of Acacia wood and stands 53.5″ high. The Tendon Silencing effectively reduces the chord noise. Its slim size is perfect for young adults, children, and beginners. Archers used this product for target practices, professional sports, and light hunting activities. The bow is perfect for left-handed, right-handed, and ambidextrous archers. There is a soft grip installed in the bow that offers a better grip on the arrow. With each order, you will receive products as following:
- 1 bow arm guard
- Tendon Silencers
- 1 glove for archery
- 1 Bow Tensioner
- 1 Horse bow along with a string
Following are the features of IRQ Traditional Handmade Longbow:
- Horse Bow: The bow is made from acacia wood
- Bowstring length: the length of the bowstring is 50 inches
- Draw weight: the archers can choose the draw weight that is ranging from 30 to 50 pounds
- Longbow: the size of this longbow is 53.5”
- Orientation: this is perfect for both left and right-handed
- Limbs: Limbs are made up of high power fiberglass with epoxy resin.
Bowhunting is one of the finest conventional ways of hunting. Among it stands SinoArt recurve bow. The bow is perfect for both left-handed and right-handed archers. The bow is made for top quality materials. Not only it is easy to use, but their archers also get the best experience of hunting through it. Variety in terms of draw weight enables the arching enthusiasts to go for premium bow practising and hunting. Its smart design enables the archers to transport it easily.
It is easy to assemble and dissemble. The Recurve bow limbs are made of bamboo wood, and it is laminated with black fibreglass. By now, it is the toughest Takedown Recurve bow in the marketplace. Not just that, the price range for SinoArt 58 niches recurve bow is also pretty affordable. It is also considered as the best recurve bow 2021. For real shooting experience, shooters are advised to use the real feather arrow. The bow is designed ergonomically, which makes it smooth around the edges. Its high-end finish enables you to have a better grip over the bow. Every time you purchase the SinoArt Takedown Recurve bow, you will get the following things:
- 2 pairs of String knocks
- 1 Fur Rest pad
- 1 Stringer
- 2 Limbs
- 1 Wooden Riser
- 16 Strands of Strings
- 1 pair of Otter String Silencer
Here are some of the features that you will find in the SinoArt 58″ Takedown Recurve Bow:
- Brace Height: It is estimated to lie between 6.8 inches to 7.8 inches.
- Bow Riser Material: The Riser is made with a laminated wooden structure.
- String Length: It is calculated to be about 55 inches.
- Bow Length: It is about 56 inches
- Draw Weight: it ranges from 30 to 60 pound with 5 pounds addition i.e. 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 pounds
- Bow Weight: it is calculated to be 2 pounds
- Bow Riser height: it is about 15 inches
Archery is a blend of so many skills that require ultimate precision. Southwest archery has made its mark in the field gradually. No matter at what level of archery you are standing, you can always trust Southwest Archery. The archery gear by the manufacturer is not only top quality but affordable as well. The Spyder series is the continuation of Samick Sage bows. The Spyder and Spyder XL bow comes with multiple other accessories that mark your safety and, on the other hand, enable you to practice without hassle. It is a 62″ bow perfect for the archers who prefer a draw length of over 29 inches. It has limb pockets and round edges that make it easy to carry than the Sage series by Southwest Archery.
The Riser is made up of redwood that is not only aesthetically pleasing but also very sturdy. On top of everything else, you are going to get a 1-year money-back guarantee that you can claim upon any dissatisfaction or product error. Another good thing is that the people with any hand orientation (left or right-handed) find this bow amazing. It is the only company offering beautiful, classic, and high-quality arrows that are 31.5 inches long and about 4-inch inserts and feathers. You will get a stringer tool and armrest, arm guard, and hardcover to keep the arrows. Each Recurve Bow set will give you:
- SWA Spyder Bow
- Hard Case
- Stringer Tool
- 3 Carbon Arrows
- Bow String
- Arrow Rest
- Orientation: It comes for both left and right-handed archers
- Bow length: the Bow length is estimated to be 62 inches.
- Riser Material: The Riser is made up of materials like Padouk wood, Dymondwood, and Whit oak.
- Warranty: the owners will be given 1-year money-back guarantee.
- Brace Height: the Brace height lies between 7.5 to 8.35 inches.
- Draw Weights: the available weights given with this bow are 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 pounds.
- Limbs Material: The material used for making the limbs is hard maple with fiberglass lamination.
- Draw length: it is estimated to be about 29 inches.
I love PSE Recurve Snake Bow for youth, kids, and beginners. Please do not get fooled by its name as it is perfect for any age group. It is the best bow for children and young adults who are building up their interest in archery. The bow is very high end and sturdy. PSE bows served for multiple purposes like backyard shooting, hunting, and close-fields competition. Do let us know which one you like and are willing to purchase.
What is better, recurve or longbow?
Longbows are known for their forgiving nature than the recurve bows. Just as the name depicts, longbows are very long. These are less susceptible to string torque. Recurve bow is louder because it has increase string-to-limb contact. You can find a wide variety of recurve bows in the market than longbows. Do you know that recurve bow is the only kind of bow allowed in the Olympics? Most youths prefer to recurve bow due to its short length and powerful shot.
What are the different kinds of Recurve bows?
As we all know, the Recurve bow is famous for its target archery. These are the highly preferred bow kind by the youth. There are several types of recurve bow, and all of these services are for a different purpose. The commonly used material for making Recurve bow’s limb is carbon, fibreglass, and wood. The two limbs and the point where the grip is located are carbon, wood, magnesium alloy, aluminium alloy, etc. Following are the two types of recurve bow that you can find in the market:
One-Piece Recurve Bow
It is a sturdy recurve bow. The riser archery and limbs of this bow contain the same material. Most of these have wooden cores with the lamination of fibreglass. It resembles a vintage-styled wooden bow. This recurve bow doesn’t need assembly, and the manufacturer gives you the bow in intact form.
Takedown Recurve Bow
This recurve bow can be dissembled and taken down to different parts. Ideally, the takedown recurve bow has three parts: two risers and one limb, but you can also find two pieces of takedown bow in the marketplace. This recurve bow offers easy storage and transportation as it can be assembled and dissembled at any time. Takedowns are perfect for beginners since the player can change the height of the limbs according to the draw weight instead of changing the bow. Most archers go for this recurve bow as it proves to be sturdier and easily moved around.
What is the ideal size of the Recurve bow for me?
Ideally, the Recurve bow’s length should be equal to your draw length plus 40 inches. Draw length is the spot where the bowstring hits the weight of the bow when drawn. Draw length is known to be the point where accuracy and force both are maximized. You can measure it instantly by calculating the arm span and then dividing it by 2.5
For example, a person’s height is 6 feet 3 inches and has an 80-inch arm span. His estimated draw length is going to be 36 inches. Therefore that person will need 72 inches of recurve bow. Although finding a longbow mentioned before might be difficult, a large variety of recurve bows that I have mentioned in this article will be proven helpful for people of any height.
Several companies make smaller bows that fit perfectly to the youth. Most children and young adults perfectly bow with 54 inches draw length. A perfect sized bow makes a lot of difference and makes you stand on top of your game.